Friday, October 1, 2010

Topics

Hey! I got a perfect compliance score yesterday! I ate right, I exercised, I drank plenty of water, got plenty of sleep, brushed four times, flossed, wore sunblock and washed my face before bed. It was a perfect healthy behavior day! And I was pretty happy all too. Maybe there is something to this theory after all. I probably won't be able to have another perfect score day today, because we are going to have supper at a friends house. But I will try.

I really thought I'd write about more interesting things than this. When I started this project I had a whole list of topics to cover. I thought I could actually make a book out of my journal entries. Maybe I still can, but not if they are all like this one. So far, I mostly write what I would call "blah, blah, blah."

Here are all the things I thought I might write about at the beginning:

Micheal Pollens rules on how to eat.
Methods of calculating daily caloric needs
Why vegetarianism is a good choice
Using meat as an "accent" food
Growing up vegetarian
Why it's okay to eat fish
Meat brownies
Visiting friends who promised not to tell
White flour is not a food
Kingsolver's book
Desire does not lead to happiness
Ani Difranco says happiness is a goal
We're fat because we're hungry
We can't rely on food advertizers to guide our food choices
We can't rely on gov. to guide our food choices
What is a serving
Food Pyramind vs bowl vs my pie
Ani D's aisles of future trash and why to avoid processed food
my hpyno therapy session
exercise
what are the reasons for losing weight
what are the reasons for eating right and exercising
The Blaise Pascal god proof related to the eat right or dont proof
telling strangers in the grocery store I'm not buying chocolate (and writing this blog)
the skinny girl's cookbook
The food chart
decision making: planning ahead, trial and error, gut instinct by Max Plank inst. guy
Binge eating and the craving brain
staying with Gma and Gpa getting skinny w/out losing weight
binge eating to escape, like throwing bricks into a well, but there's a roof on the well
yoga
dairy free diet and sinus clearing. "greek" yogurt
I can say whatever I want on this blog, name the best yogurt, say I don't like pork.
The steps of transfering a typical U.S. diet to a thinking woman's diet.
First add fruits, beggies, whole grains, lean meats, fat free dairy, vegetarian proteins.
Then reduce white flours, sugar, fried things, processed foods, fatty meats and fatty dairy.
Replacing food treats with non-food treats
Ice cream sunday: new make up
french fries: salt and oil body scrub
chocolate: pedicure
wine: massage
donuts: aromatherapy
candy: shopping
soda pop: music

oral hygiene
finding the time to prep and plan
fitness is the REAL luxury
soup and salad tricks for routine and fullness
Nutrient dense, high volume food is satisfying. no hunger even on 1200 cal day.
eating chicken in AFrica
Neurotransmitter balance booster journal
health benefits of wine and my theories re: stress and meditation or yoga
too tight a budget is hard to follwo-time, money, food, all need some slack built in
tony needed to look "hungry" for sales management
corn chips are dead to him. what foods are dead to me?
conversation with Ellen about letting skinny police win and my asking "do you really want to wage that war with your own body?" I wish I'd compared it to writing and math.
Letting skinny police win vs letting food producers and advertizers win
food subsidies and small farmers
trips to the farmer's market (photo essays)
vs. trips to the grocery store (photo essays)
yoga cards
free yoga classes
guilty about the dog and so I don't go out at all
how to handle eating out, potlucks and parties
how to handle dinner at your own house for others (parties and guests)
every day recipes and meals
owning chickens
growing own food
weighing 150 in Mr. Bockle's class soph. year and feeling fat as a teen
body image group
If you're thin and white and blond you'd have everything, if you weren't you'd have nothing.
Variety-beyond wheat corn and rice
focus on what you CAN eat, rther than on what you can't
cheap food vs good food
why our italian restaurants are not like those in italy.
Why the poor are fat
what is real luxury in eating
what can you buy with food stamps?
Treating oneself like a beloved child, or an expensive racehorse or a show dog.
Food and food style substitutes for snacks: ice water, lemon, bubbles, chewing gum, real licorice sticks, celery, mouth wash.
Seasonally appropriate eating
cost!
fasting
foods I missed from Colorado: triangle sopapillas, popovers, chey thuy soup.
Sunblock, seat-belts and cell phones
really indulging
antioxidants, free radicals and vitamins
swisher sweets advertisement

Well. That's a lot. That's just what I came up with in the first few minutes after thinking up this idea. I think there's a big opportunity to write with substance. But I think I'll call that a good enough start today.

Oh, one more thing I want to mention. So far, out of the almost 20 days I've been experimenting, I've spend three afternoons with bad tummy aches. I think it's related to eating large amounts of raw vegetables. That sure would be a shame. But, I'm going to stop doing that for a while and see if the tummy aches go away. Yesterday was really bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment