Saturday, September 11, 2010

Welcome to my project.


I was going to call this "The Skinny Girl's Cookbook," because I thought it sounded like something fun and catchy that people would want to read. But, I'm not skinny. I'm not even sure I ever want to be anything that could really accurately be called skinny. Plus, I'm almost 40, hardly a girl. Finally, this isn't going to be just a cookbook.

Next, I considered naming it "The Thinking Woman's Diet," to appeal to a more serious and introspective crowd. It's a better name because, along with sharing recipes and food plans, I do want to discuss the deeper issues behind how we choose what we eat. But, I don't want to limit this information just to women. Men and children might benefit from what I'm going to say too. And the word diet, even thought it really just means "the food we eat," has a weight loss implication that isn't really in line with the main spirit of this venture.

So, it's not a cookbook. It's not a diet. This a diary for a science experiment I'll be doing on my own body.

The variables will be food, exercise, sleep, and water. There will be no control group. N=1

I start tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment